Tuesday, November 25, 2008

James' Birthday


To start off..James did not want anyone to know it was his birthday today...of course I couldn't let that happen. I made sure the kids remembered to sing to him first thing this morning. I also felt it was my duty to inform the people at the kids' school what today was....after all the time he spends there, I figured it only fair they should get to know a little more about him. Needless to say, he was serenaded (sorry about spelling) first thing when he walked in to school by Darla (Principal) then the office staff did their version. At lunch time the cafeteria staff did their part...Peggy even had a little suprise for him. While he was eating with the 3rd grade class...I believe it was Spring that got all of the kids to sing to him also. I picked a bad time to be in the lunchroom.....I was not getting very "Loving Looks" when the kids finished singing.

When we got home, we got to have his Birthday dinner....he wanted steak and I made him a cake.

Since I didn't know exactly which stock he wanted for his rifle, I made him a certificate promising to get him one this weekend.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!
Thanks Kathy for letting all of us know:o)

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! Too funny that so many of them at school made sure he had a "happy" birthday wish!