Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Baby Gets Glasses

Ok, so he isn't my "baby" anymore, but he is still the youngest boy. After Austin coming home from school telling me he had to move his desk to the front of the room because he couldn't see the board, I decided it would be a good idea to do some checking on this. Well, you guessed it, he is Near Sighted and had to get glasses. I must say, I was rather shocked to see how excited he got when he found this out. I remember when I got mine as an adult, I thought it was horrible news.
So, we picked out a frame for him and waited for them to come in. He was so excited when I went to school to pick him up and tell him his glasses were in....you would've thought he won the lottery.
Patience is not one of Austin's better virtues, so as we were waiting for the glasses, he was looking around with excitement.

He was very cooperative while getting them fitted correctly.

The final moment came to see the end results. He thought it was "The coolest thing ever." He was so excited to get home and show them off to dad and his brothers and little sister.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

He looks adorable and I am sure it will be so much better at school.

Anonymous said...

I saw Austin at school Thursday & Friday and he looks so cute in his glass.
Have a good weekend!!!
Jessica R

Michelle said...

Very cute. I first got glasses when I was 9 and I still get excited when they call to tell me my new glasses are in.

Anonymous said...

I just saw Austin for the first time since he got his glasses. He looks great. It makes such a HUGE difference to be able to see.
Jason

Mrs Pretzel said...

Austin!! You ROCK those glasses, boy!! Love them!