Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday continued

Here are some more pictures of Austin's skating party. All the parents thought it was "So Cool" that Austin's teacher came to his party. We were also very excited to see Mr. H come join in....we were sad that Mrs. H couldn't join us, but she wasn't feeling too well.

It was pretty funny watching all the kids who have not skated before do their best to "give it a try". I do admire their courage....especially the one child who said they were NOT going to skate, but after about 15 minutes of his mom and myself doing a little persuading, he gave it a try and was doing really well. Kameryn couldn't stand up for more than about 5 seconds before she ended up on the floor. Skylar kept falling, but would get back up and take off again...he did come home with quite a few bruises on his arms, but I love his attitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Austin had a great Birthday party. :)

Cheryl said...

Roller skating does take awhile to figure out...

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed coming to Austin's party. Thanks for inviting me. I'm just glad that skating is alot like bike riding...once you learn, you don't forget.